More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Sep 21, 2012
The Baker's WifeThe Baker's Wife by Erin Healy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is outside my normal genres but it intrigued me.  I almost put it down because the opening chapters seemed disjointed and I had a hard time getting hooked into the story.  But I hung on and was so glad I did! 

The story blossomed into a wonderful read full of "real" people dealing with "real" issues and facing them in "real" ways.  This isn't a happily-ever-after or feel-good story.  This story has grit and truth and it'll snag your heart.  If not for the slow start, I'd give it a 5 star rating. 

My thing about this book is that it shows Christians as they really are - the good, the bad, and the ugly.  But it also shows what they can be... when they open their hearts.  Everything doesn't come out perfect in the end, but everything works out as best it can in this sinful world. 

No spoiler here, you'll have to read it yourself, and you won't regret it.  Best suited for mid-teens on up, due to some graphic descriptions of a crime scene and an abortion discussed non-graphically in the story.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Great review. Glad you didn't put it down. :)