More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Apr 12, 2011
It's that time of year again! Actually, this the latest we've ever started lambing. Since Jeff aged out of 4-H and we didn't need lambs born in January to be ready for the fair, I've pushed back the start of lambing a little more each year.

I think I've hit upon the perfect formula now. The rams go in the day before deer season; the lambs arrive the middle of April. That's after hypothermia cold and before fly season. Brilliant!

I only kept 6 ewes this winter. There are 3 aged ewes and 3 yearlings out in the barn. I like to see yearlings have a single their first year, but it looks like China might have twins. Queen and Lilly should be carrying singles. The older girls all look good. EweNika and Mingle should have twins and Dance looks like she may be carrying triplets.

Watch here for updates and photos as the 2011 lambs arrive.

0 comments: