More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Apr 6, 2011
The Blacksmith's Bravery (The Ladies' Shooting Club Series, #3)The Blacksmith's Bravery by Susan Page Davis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


To be honest, I'd put off reading this book fearing it would be the all-too-typical tale of a masculine-light female lead who does it all better than the men of the Old West. Wrong! Susan Page Davis put together a cast of characters who are believable, likable, and find themselves in situations realistic for the time period of the book. Three cheers! This is the third book in a series and it reads fine as a stand alone. I haven't read the first two yet, but I will! I highly recommend this one if you enjoy a good western with a touch of romance. Content wise, it's suitable for teenagers on up. The spiritual message is subtle, not preachy, and woven deftly throughout the book.


0 comments: