More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Apr 28, 2014
Angels Watching Over Me (Shenandoah Sisters, #1)Angels Watching Over Me by Michael Phillips
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There was a lot about this story that I liked, including the characters and the setting and the story line. But there were things I didn't like.

The ending for one, or lack thereof. It's the first book of the series and it pretty much just... stops. There is no real resolution or conclusion or anything to signal the reader that they've reached "the end." In fact, I read the e-book version and was set aback when I realized that was it! I'd reached the end. Seriously? Yup. Done.

The book is written in first person point of view, which I don't mind reading, but it seemed to waffle between that and omniscient at times which I found mildly annoying.

I'd recommend not reading this one unless you have or are prepared to get the rest of the series. I probably won't. I liked the characters and the story, but not enough to get into another book that might leave me as flat as this one did.

On the other hand - if you enjoy serial books, where one picks up right where the last one left off - you might love Angels Watching Over Me. The characters are strong, the story line is compelling, and the setting was very well done.

0 comments: