More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Jul 11, 2011
Havah: The Story of EveHavah: The Story of Eve by Tosca Lee

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoyed "Havah" and recommend it for adult Christians. It contains enough mature content that I would not recommend it for early or mid-teens. Nothing is offensive, but certainly it ventures into areas meant for a more mature audience.

I am not sure I would recommend it for non-Christians, however, because I think the book explores some darker areas of human nature that might derail someone who is searching for Christ. This is the story of Eve, it has everything to do with why we need Christ, but it doesn't illustrate that need clearly. It is eluded to, but I not sure how many non-Christians would see it.

As a Christian, I found many aspects of the book fascinating. I enjoyed the exploration of what those first moments of life - without birth - might have been like. The time spent in the garden, the majesty of the true communion with God, was very well told. The first years in exile were difficult to read after the beauty of the garden. Some areas mid-book dragged, but it's worth it to read the ending.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pegg- I really like your honest approach in reviews. This book sounds like a good read-I'll add it to my list to check out.

Pegg Thomas said...

Thanks Terrie! I enjoyed reading Havah but it's not an easy or light read for sure.