More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Mar 21, 2014
Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes and PoliticsThings That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes and Politics by Charles Krauthammer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've enjoyed watching Charles Krauthammer on the news for years and he's always fascinated me by the depths of his thinking on issues. He goes beneath the surface and looks into things from such a logical viewpoint. Truly one of the great thinkers of our age. (Granted, it's an age where great thinkers are few and far between...but I digress.)

I enjoyed this book for several reasons. One, I could "hear" Krauthammer's voice all through it. He writes absolutely like he speaks. That's charming in and of itself. I enjoyed the look into a bit of his personal life. The things he enjoys and values. And I enjoyed his perspective on the weightier issues of the past 30 years; like the ever-present situation with Israel, the Iraq and Afghanistan wars,and the collapse of the Soviet Union. And I even enjoyed the challenge to my vocabulary! Yes...have a dictionary handy.

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in political issues from a rear-view mirror look (the chapters/articles are reprints of those he wrote AT THE TIME of these events) and, of course, to any fan of Charles Krauthammer.

0 comments: