More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Feb 25, 2014
George Washington's Secret Six: The Spy Ring That Saved the American RevolutionGeorge Washington's Secret Six: The Spy Ring That Saved the American Revolution by Brian Kilmeade
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

History in a very readable format. Interesting tale of the spies who helped George Washington win the American Revolution. I knew the basics, about the Culper Ring, the messages written in invisible ink, and the risks they took for their country.

I didn't know about their names, or backgrounds, or how each person fit into the picture. They were all so different in personality and occupation, and yet, they came together... in the right place and at the right time.

I find that theme over and over again when I read or study anything about the American Revolution. God put the people where they needed to be, when they needed to be there, for the country to win an impossible war. Incredible. The stuff of fiction! Only... it isn't.

0 comments: