Social Media

More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.


Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015


free counter
Jan 15, 2014
Somewhere to Belong (Daughters of Amana, #1)Somewhere to Belong by Judith McCoy Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this glimpse into the Amana colonies. This isn't an area of history I knew much about, so it was fun to read and learn.

The characters are interesting and very diverse. I enjoyed Berta's selfish antics and growth as much as Johanna's steady walk. The overall theme of the importance of truth - and with it the consequences of untruth - is well portrayed.

Judith Miller leaves the door wide open for more books to follow and I'm sure I'll pick them up to see how all these stories end.


Cecelia said...

Hi, Pegg

I enjoyed reading your review. I read an Amana novel a few years ago. It was by Melanie Dobson. I also found the Amana life interesting - I'd never heard of them prior to reading this novel:

Pegg Thomas said...

I'll have to check that book out too. Thanks!