More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
May 10, 2013
Every Hill and MountainEvery Hill and Mountain by Deborah Heal

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Engaging story with a high-tech paranormal element.  This is the third book in the series and I highly recommend reading the books in order.  I read this one first and struggled to connect to the characters and sort out the references to past action.  Once that clicked, I was caught up in the story as it unfolded.

The concept is a computer program that can take you into the past to virtually experience the lives of others.  An invaluable research tool, it could also be a disaster in the wrong hands.  Abby and her friends set out to learn more about Kate's family tree but in the process, they uncover a dark secret that has shadowed a small town for over a century.

This book is not suitable for young readers.  There are some adult scenes and references to rape and brutality involving slavery.  Not an overtly Christian book, it does contain a solid moral message.  I recommend this one to readers who enjoy history with some paranormal or fantasy elements.



0 comments: