More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Jun 18, 2012
Kaydie (Montana Skies #2)Kaydie by Penny Zeller

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is the second in Penny Zeller's "Montana Skies" series.  I don't think it was as good as the first one, but it was still worth reading.  Whitaker House billed this one as a romance and not a historical... which is correct!  They billed the first book as a historical and these are not.  They are set in the old west but contain no actual history in them.  I'd classify them as Prairie Romances.

Kaytie is the younger sister of MacKenzie from the first book. Her story is sad and stems from an abusive marriage.  I think the author did a more than credible job of showing the wounded emotions of a woman who has been through this type of trauma.  The characters from book one are all back, although Zack, my favorite character from the first book, is the most minor character in this one. 

Suitable for older teens on up only due to the issue of spousal abusive. 

0 comments: