More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Mar 5, 2012
The RadianceThe Radiance by John Robinson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book landed on top of my "to read" pile since it comes from one of my favorite authors.  I was not disappointed! 

John Robinson is a master at creating characters who walk right off the page.  In "The Radiance", it's Travis Walker.  He's as straight-arrow-honest and loaded with integrity as any hero you'd want to meet.  Except he's not a hero. He's the neighbor next door, the guy down the road, the fellow at the gas station who holds the door for you.  His claim to fame and the basis for this story is his brother, one of the movers and shakers in a high-rise tower where he pulls the strings that make the world go 'round.  Until that world is rocked on its foundation, then he needs his brother.

Intelligence doesn't change human nature.  Decisions that will impact the entire planet come down to a matter of choice.  The ending of "The Radiance" leaves me hoping Mr. Robinson has a sequel behind his belt.

If you're looking for a high-brow, urban thriller... this isn't it.  If you're looking for a slice of America, served up with a side order of cheese grits and topped off with a wedge of apple pie... this one is for you!

2 comments:

John Robinson said...

Thanks so much, Pegg! That was very kind, and I'm glad you liked it!

Sharon Wilfong said...

Hi, I've read a couple of Robinson's books (Joe Box series) and enjoyed them. I'm glad to know there's more out there