More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Oct 11, 2011
The Map Across Time (The Gates of Heaven, #2)The Map Across Time by C.S. Lakin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A very enjoyable tale with more twists and turns than your small intestine. Okay, that's a little graphic, but you get the picture! A classic fantasy romp through a kingdom - and through time - involving all the usual elements of wizardry, good-vs-evil, men swinging swords, and at least one pretty princess. Some rather unusual elements make their way into this one as well, like a talking pig and a map that pulls the holder through time.

The characters are good and diverse, some an open book, others with an air of mystery. The setting is very well done. The tension is in all the right places and keeps the reader flipping the pages. My only complaint is the overuse of words that mean nothing... in English. There was a glossary in the back but it pulled me out of the story to stop and look them up, so I just ignored them and missed the meaning most of those words.

I highly recommend this one to folks who enjoy a complex tale of daring-do!

0 comments: