More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Jun 9, 2011
Lydia's CharmLydia's Charm by Wanda E. Brunstetter

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This Amish book takes on more weighty issues than most I have read. It's a melancholy read. Lydia faces so much loss and family angst at such a young age. Even though it has a good ending, it leaves the reader with a bittersweet aftertaste. It harbors a lot of real life within it's pages. I recommend it, it's a good book and carries a good message of hope even amid devastating loss.

I was pulled up short several times by the actions of the children in the story. The level of disobedience tolerated is not something that rang true for me. Living in an Amish community, I can't imagine any of my neighbors allowing their children to behave that way. The children in my neighborhood are incredibly polite and respectful.


0 comments: