More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Jul 11, 2010
“I see your dog is here again.” Earl said, settling on his stool.

“The workers wouldn’t want her underfoot.”

“What workers?” Betty asked, bringing over the coffeepot.

“The guys installing a chain link fence and a dog door.”

“You fencin’ in your backyard?” Charlie asked.

“Got to keep Singer home, you know.”

“Singer, is that her name?”

“Yup. You should have heard her when she ran that squirrel up a tree yesterday. It was sure music to me.”

“She did chase off a squirrel then? Good!” Betty sat the morning’s burnt offering in front of Clarence.

“Right up Erma B.'s tree.”

“You don’t say?” Charlie leaned closer. “Did the ol’ battleaxe call the cops again?”

“Yup. That’s why the guys are puttin’ in the fence today. I promised I’d get it done quick so I didn’t get a ticket.”

He finished his toast and wrapped the other piece in a napkin.

“That dog is going to have another good effect on you, Clarence.” Charlie said.

“What do you mean?”

“You’re going to lose weight!” He pointed to the napkin wrapped toast.

Clarence rubbed his chin and mumbled something about having to get back home before making his red-faced retreat to the truck.

0 comments: