More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Jul 9, 2010
“You really got a dog?” Charlie’s jaw swung loose.

Clarence poked a thumb at his old truck outside the diner. Framed in the window was a brown and white face.

“What kind of dog?” Earl asked.

“Beagle.”

“Did she run off your squirrels?” Betty asked.

“Haven’t turned her loose yet.”

“Why not?”

“I had to bathe her and I couldn’t leave her outside wet. I can’t afford another one if this one gets sick and dies.”

“She slept in your house?” Charlie asked.

“I don’t have a dog house, you know.”

“Why didn’t you leave her in the backyard this morning?” Betty asked. “Those squirrels always come while you’re here having breakfast.” She slid his toast in front of him, black only on the edges this morning.

He took a bite of toast and mumbled, “She needs a decent collar and leash.”

“You’re taking her shopping with you?” Charlie’s eyes threatened to pop.

“How else would I know what size to get?” Clarence stuffed the last bite of toast in his mouth. He wrapped the second piece in a napkin and left.

0 comments: