More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Mar 2, 2010

I've been out of whack lately. Literally. My neck has been messed up making simple things like driving painful and difficult. Not to mention sleeping. It left me moving around with all the speed and grace of Lurch from the Adam's Family.

Today I went to the doctor for an OMT visit. That stands for Origami Mangle Torture. You know it's bad when you're sitting on the table and the doctor crawls up with you, kneels over the top of you and tries to twist your head off your shoulders. Then came the folding, pushing, pulling and crunching. My spine sounded like Rice Crispies on steroids.

After thirty minutes of this, she sent me home to apply moist heat for the rest of the afternoon. That was the best part of my day, spending it in my favorite chair with moist heat on my shoulders and neck. Every torture has it's silver lining.

My neck is still very sore, but I can turn my head further to the left than I've been able to do for a week. Did the treatment work? I don't know yet. My doctor said it could be a few days before we know if I'm... back in whack.

0 comments: