More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
May 30, 2015
Out of the Storm (Beacons of Hope, #0.5)Out of the Storm by Jody Hedlund
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story is set in my back yard - well - almost. It's always fun to read about a place that you've visited.

Isabelle Thornton watched her father pull the bodies from the frigid waters of Lake Huron. Another ship wrecked, in spite of her father's diligent tending of the lighthouse in Presque Isle, Michigan. Only one of those who washed ashore was still alive. Isabelle knew she'd have to tend his injuries while her father buried the dead. But she never expected to fall for Henry Cole. She never expected to fall for any man, much less the son of a wealthy lumber baron. She knew her future could never include a husband and family.

This is a novella, so it's shorter than a full-length novel. I prefer a longer story in general. Not a bad story, but not as good as the other Jody Hedlund books I've read.

0 comments: