More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Jul 27, 2014
Rekindled (Fountain Creek Chronicles, #1)Rekindled by Tamera Alexander
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this up on a free e-book offer because, you know, it was free. And it looked interesting enough. I hadn't read any of Tamera Alexander's books before, although I have seen them on the shelves of our church library. But - stop me if you've heard this before - now I'm sucked into buying the next two in this series, because it was that good.

But here's my tip: skip the prologue. In my opinion, it gives too much of the story away. I rarely read prologues, but I did this one and kicked myself about 1/4 of the way into the story.

Larson Jennings disappears on Christmas Day. He leaves his wife a note saying he'll return by week's end. But months go by, and he doesn't come back.

Kathryn learns that their ranch is in a dire financial situation. Determined to keep the land her husband loves and convinced he'll be back, she's determined to find a way to save the ranch.

This story has incredible secondary characters. As much as I liked the hero and heroine, I loved these secondary characters. Some are saintly, and others are anything but. I don't want to give anything away, so I won't say anything more.

I highly recommend this book.

0 comments: