More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Dec 5, 2013
A Little Bit of Charm (The New Beginnings, #3)A Little Bit of Charm by Mary  Ellis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Rachel King loves working with horses, but not like most Amish girls do.  She wants to ride thoroughbreds.  Riding in an Amish dress isn't exactly practical.  When Rachel takes a job at a thoroughbred horse farm, she doesn't expect to fall for the horseman as well as the horses.

An avid horse racing fan, I cringed at the repeated mention of yearling races.  Yearlings don't race.  Horses are started racing as 2-year-olds.  But it doesn't bother the story or the romance between Rachel and Jake.

The faith thread in this story is believable and interesting.  Choices - both Amish and English - can change a person, for either good or bad.  Realizing the choices for what they are takes discernment and often time. 

A gentle romance suitable for any age.  I highly recommend this one.



View all my reviews

0 comments: