More Places I Hang Out

Quid Pro Quills - A Group of 6 Writers... Writing!
Twin Willows Farm - My Farm and Fiber Arts Webpage
Great Lakes ACFW Chapter - My Local Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers

Subscribe Via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Copyright by Pegg Thomas 2009-2015

Blogroll

free counter
Jan 30, 2011
The Last Full MeasureThe Last Full Measure by Jeff Shaara

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I wish I could give this one a 4 1/2 rating.

The continuation of a story began by his father, "The Last Full Measure" is a very good book. Jeff Shaara did a good job of picking up where his father left off. I enjoyed the story and the history, especially since the last year of the Civil War is not written about as much as the early years. While he falls a little short of his father's story telling genius, it is nevertheless a very good book to read and one I highly recommend. He brought these historical characters to life, gave them breath, and draws the reader into the scenes behind the battles as well as the battles themselves.

0 comments: